Divine Love Series – Star Flower Puffs
Along with the fabulous Sweetie Puffs Tiny Hearts pattern, it dawned on me that a companion token in the pocket was in order! With spring around the corner, what better friend can the heart have than a wee gratitude free crochet flower pattern?
If you are a beginner to crochet, and still practicing the puff stitch we learned from the tiny heart pattern, here’s another pattern to add to your practice of the magic circle, slip stitch, invisible join (lefty’s version here) The Crochet Lounge way.
- There’s never a dull moment hanging out with a 5 year old while she entertains an 8 months old. She sings of stars and hearts to her little sister, and as she did that, I ran to pick up my hook as I was struck by inspiration. This Divine Love Series is dedicated to my family and my little ones, especially little Cadence Music ♥ and Tree^3.
- Before I could even finish the first tiny flower, I heard a screeeeeech of excitement, “A STAR FLOWER!!! for ME? and you’ll make one for the baby!”
- Yes, yes, I did. And there will be more soon, as little fx walked in on us finishing up and made the same excited screeeeeeeeeeeechy noise.
Video Tutorial link will be added here soon.
- Any Worsted Weight Yarn (or any yarn with proportional hook sizes)
- Size E or F Hook
- Would look great in solid colors or slow transition variegated yarn so not to detract from the shape
magic circle, ch, sc, dc, slst, invisible join, puff stitch
Magic circle The Crochet Lounge Way- wrap yarn around finger twice, slip hook under the loops, yo draw up a loop, yo draw through loop to secure the magic circle
Chain (ch) – yo (yarn over), pull through loop on hook
Slip Stitch (sl st) – insert hook in indicated stitch, yo draw through stitch and loop on hook
Puff Stitch (hdc puff st) – (yo, insert hook into indicated stitch, yo draw up a loop) 4 times [9 loops on hook], yo draw through all 9 loops
Invisible Join (invisible join) The Crochet Lounge Way – on last single crochet, insert hook in indicated stitch, yo draw up a loop, insert hook into the back loop only of the first stitch in the round, yo draw through stitch and the 2 loops on hook, pull up 3″ of yarn, cut and work with the 3″ of yarn, insert hook under both loops of the second stitch in the round, yo draw through stitch, insert hook in the front loop only of the last stitch in the round, yo draw through loop, insert hook from the back (wrong) side of work under both loops of the same stitch you just worked, draw yarn to the back so you can weave in the end
Star Flower Puffs – Single Round Star Flower ☆✿
Ch1, (hdc puff stitch, ch 2, slst in circle) 5 times, invisible join, close magic circle, fasten off and enjoy!