Moogly Pattern Round-Up Extravaganza
Today is moogly and Mr. moogly’s wedding anniversary – CONGRATULATIONS! Meanwhile, back on mooglyblog, I have the honor of sharing her normal pattern round up Tuesday with you! But wait! That’s not enough of yarny moogly eye candy – I’m convinced! – so I cooked up the moogly Pattern Round-Up Extravaganza.
I declare today a MOOGLY round-up day. Fabulous Baby Patterns and Fun Free Kids Pattern round-ups are directly at mooglyblog.com for your enjoyment and as a bonus if you keep reading, you will get 2 HUGE sets of pattern ideas right here at The Crochet Lounge.
As a frequenter to her site, and a moogly subsrriber, her pattern round-up topics are always a delight to see. It doesn’t matter if you’re an old timer, a new designer, a one hit wonder or a pattern powerhouse, moogly gives her honest quick review and throws together the best combinations to a topic she picks.
As a crocheter, moogly brings to you patterns with moogly personality and humor.
In this edition we’ll be exploring MOOGLY in moogly for Women, moogly for Women Part Deux & moogly for Your Home!
moogly for Women – The Hooker with the Look
In order to keep this succinct as possible, I will eliminate repeating the photos in the link-up and will list the photos a) by photo size, then b) left column and then right column.
1) Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf (ASIS) – This is one of the most sought out simple scarf patterns since its debut because it is just that elegant a look and just that simple to make! If this is the first time you’ve seen it or if it has been on your WIP list, time to bump it up a notch. Run!
2) Sunset Shawlette – The Sunset Shawlette features the use of fingering weight yarn and a trapezoid shape for ease of wrapping purposes. It is light and airy and deserves a spot on your WIP list.
3) Summer Lace Cowl – It’s summery and lacy. What more can you ask for to show off your hooking skills in the hot summer months of the year?
4) Winter Sunrise Scarf – It looks just like the sunrise and my brain says sunnyside up eggs This is a refreshing scarf to have for the fall and winter or even cooler nights year round! It is simply a beauty.
5) Diamond Crochet Cowl – Have you ever seen or made hats that have the same look as this cowl? (e.g. Diamond Ridges hat or the Lattice hat – both can be found on ravelry) Even if you haven’t, after making this cowl, you MAY just want to make a hat to go along with it. mmmm. who can resist a set of anything?
6) Autumn Sunset Infinity Scarf – It’s hip, it’s wavy, even the diagram to the right on how to join the blocks together is flowing with waves. Can you see it? This is a good stand alone block and is a great textured baby blanket pattern.
7) Tallulah Waterfall Scarf – The latest scarf addition to moogly was the Tallulah featuring the majestic lace with ruffle combination that gives you the drape for the summertime.
8) Chevron Lace Wrap – If you love the looks of chevrons and knit eyelet lace, you wouldn’t want to miss this fabulous crochet wrap pattern! Black and dainty ready for your evening events.
moogly for Women Part Deux
1) All Grown Up Striped Slouch Hat – moogly readers simply love the idea of a set so much that after they made the All Grown Up Arm Warmers, they suggested a hat to go along and moogly ran with the idea. Wheeeeeee wheeeeeeeeeeeee wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!
2) All Mine Crochet Slouch Hat – Slouchy hat with hearts that go around near the brim. This is simply cute for the teens and fabulous addition for any adult. I’m very biased on this pattern because I love purple, and I love hearts
3) Bobble Poof Earflap Hat –Bobbles & Poofs, I’m all over it! This pattern is sized from nb to adult. Do you want to make your family a matching set of wooley hats for snowtime? This is it!
4) Cuddly Cat Crochet Scoodie with Pockets – Do you love kitties? Does it get cold enough to wear scoodies? Combine the two for a cute look! Kids love them, tweens look cute and sophisticated in them and adults fit along with modern day fashion.
5) Timeless Crochet Earrings – Have you ever wanted to crochet yourself some earrings and didn’t know where to start? It only takes 5 yards of size 5 crochet thread and is perfectly coordinated with the Mayan Crop Circles. What? To read the story, you’ll have to visit moogly’s pattern.
6) Chevron Cuff – Make your own stylish chevron cuff. Bangles and cuffs are in, so is DIY that will surely turn heads.
7) All Grown Up Arm Warmers – Ever wanted some basic arm warmers to keep your wrist area warm and maybe even the forearm while you work? This quick to whip up arm warmer will sure be a hit. Moogly has also made these in childsize for your matching convenience.
8) Simply Chunky Crochet Slippers – Have you ever wanted to make yourself or someone a pair of crochet slippers, but wanted it done quickly yet still have the looks? This is it! most get hooked and make more than just one pair. If you are a long time lounger, you would have seen Jodi D.’s pairs when this pattern came out.
9) Pozy Toes Crocheted Slippers – Cozy Pozy Toes! Pamper yourself to a pair of this light weight spring/summer slippers. No fret on the flowers and having to sew them, because this pattern features crochet as you go flowers.
Stay tuned and revisit for moogly for Your Home!
You love moogly, yes you do, so if you want to read more about her aside from her About page, you can check out her profile on Crochet At Play, The Yarn Box, and featured guest blogger profile at Cre8tion Crochet.
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact Moogly via Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.